Clinics We Offer
We provide a wide range of general medical services under the GMS Contract which came into effect on 1st April 2004. These include Essential Services, as defined by the GMS Contract, and Additional Services and Enhanced Services which the Practice has opted to provide.
Services which we will provide include:
- care of registered patients and temporary residents
- care of terminally ill patients
- care of patients suffering from chronic disease
- treatments and investigations as necessary and appropriate
- referral to other services and liaison with other health care professionals involved in treatment and care.
- advice in connection with the patient's health, including relevant health promotion advice.
Services which we DO NOT provide include:
- Out of Hours Care between 18:00 and 08:00 Monday to Friday, all weekends, and on local and public holidays. Out of Hours Care is provided by NHS24 and the Borders Emergency Care Centre at the BGH.
- An Occupational Health Service. Non-emergency casualties at work should be referred to the workplace First-Aider.
- Substitute prescribing for patients misusing drugs.