Your doctor will arrange for you to receive repeat prescription order forms when your medication is going to be required on a regular basis.
We operate a 48 hour service for repeat prescriptions (excluding Saturday & Sunday)
We do not provide a telephone order service, as this can result in error, and engages busy lines and staff.
Requests for acute prescriptions (those not prescribed on a repeat basis) will be reviewed by GPs, and be available within 48 hours.
Guidelines for Repeat Prescriptions
- Use your repeat prescription order form
- Request your prescriptions in good time especially prior to holiday periods. Do not wait until you run out of your medication.
- Take it with you for information when you are attending hospital.
- Bring, send, or post it to Jedburgh Medical Practice. You can also order online via the link on the home page – please contact reception to register.
- Please mark the medications which you are requesting. If you wish your prescription to be posted to you, please provide a stamped self-addressed envelope.
- Your repeat prescription(s) and new reorder form will be available after 12:00 (noon) on the second working day after your request is received e.g. requests on Friday will be available on Tuesday after 12.00.
- We encourage patients to make use of the daily prescription collection services provided by the Jedburgh chemists.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip.Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.